9.29.2008

Reading the Word

It occurred to me in the past few days that I do not read the bible nearly often enough. It's an easy thing to say, it really is, and I'll say it again; I do not read the bible nearly often enough.

Let me go back to some of the origins of these thoughts. In my Intro to Literature class I have to answer questions pertaining to an assigned section of a work of literature. If I don't take the time to read the section then I won't do well in answering the questions, and my grade will begin to reflect my ineptitude for preparedness. Basically, in reading the section of literature I am able to prove to my teacher that I understand and have a knowledge of the required text.

Similarly in reading the bible, we can show our Teacher that we know the knowledge of His Word, and the Truth that is reflected in every page. I want to know the Word so well that I can pass every test laid before me by my Teacher, the Lord of heaven and earth.




   1 Peter 3:15-16

     15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander

No comments: