11.29.2008

Bitterness

This is, yet unfinished, an image that I am very fond of.
That's all i have to say haha, at least for now...

Well, now I have more to say about this beautiful (perhaps beautiful is not appropriate) d'image.  D'image sounds french to me, but it is simply the marriage of digital and image, and the perfect conjugation of the two.  

The whole idea behind the monster-heart-eating situation stems from my Sabbath class.  We were reading through a book about overcoming 'giants,'  and there was a poem about bitterness by Stephen Crane-

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground.
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said: "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter-bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

 I did several illustrations before developing this diction of bitterness over time for a school project.  

No comments: